Monday 7 April 2014

L'Instant de Guerlain L'Instant d'Un Eté

I have to admit that I have have a thing for Guerlain perfumes. While I think that one of their recent fragrances is completely useless ( I won't point fingers in its direction) and the whole Aqua Allegoria line is not even worth mentioning, the rest of Guerlain fragrances are just freaking masterpieces.
Here I have a little collection of my Guerlain lovelies. Some of the scents I had are not here, like Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, and Jicky. While I think these three are outstanding, they are just not my cup of tea. I would assume, not YET my cup of tea. And I am not referring to my age or that these fragrances suit more grown-up ladies, of course not. It is just that I enjoy lighter scents at this particular period of my life. I have tried them, loved them and decided to come back to them some time in future.

Now, I adore the whole L'Instant de Guerlain line. Some scents I love more, some just a little less, but overall, the line is awesome! I particularly enjoy L'Instant de Guerlain L'Instant d'Un Eté. It was a limited edition, and is not available anymore. This one is my second bottle and I treasure it! I won't be purchasing limited and discontinued fragrances on the net due to the reasons I have already discussed in my earlier posts, so once it is gone- it is gone... It was a 2006 limited edition and for me, it is a great sweet yet luscious and erotic scent. It is just great! It is sweet without being tacky or overwhelming, it is sexy but not in your face sexy like some other fragrances. It is unique and very wearable. Please, Guerlan, please, bring it back! Re-promote it, even if again as a limited edition! Just in case- the perfume I am going to talk about is the tallest on the picture.


L'Instant de Guerlain L'Instant d'Un Eté is a 80 ml edt, quite a generous size, I should say. It is never enough, though. It is one of these fragrances that you spray on and immediately you get into a very happy place. Whenever you feel a bit down- this fragrance will cheer you up immediately! The opening accord of this fragrance is a bitter orange and grapefruit. Now, for me the bitter orange all along, nothing more. It is a bit unexpected since the perfume overall is a sweet one. This bitter orange accent does not create any dissonance, don't worry! The mid notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang and magnolia. I can feel all three of them blended in a most beautiful and subtle way! The sweetness is not overwhelming, no headache will come along with this perfume, nor you'll feel like the sweetness takes over you. I mean, it does take over you, or more likely, it wraps around you and warms you. 

In summer, when it is hot- this fragrance will not suffocate you. We have musk, vanilla and benzoin as base notes. To me, vanilla goes solo here, I feel no other component on a dry down. Overall, after a 20-30 minutes of wear you should remain with a mix of wonderful ylang-ylang, magnolia, vanilla and jasmine. It might seem like a plain sweet fragrance- I assure you, it is not. If you will be lucky to get hold of this beauty in a bottle- do it. It is worth it! The sillage is very strong and persistent thoughout the day. I usually make 4-5 spritzes of this perfume. Should you  prefer lighter scents- just keep it on a 1-2 spritzes per time level.

I get a lot of compliments whenever I wear this or any other fragrance from L'Instant line.

I should also mention that the glass bottle is super sturdy. I mean, I dropped it (unintentionally- I thought my heart will stop once I realized it is actually flying towards the floor :)). It is fine, though. The bottle is made of a very thick glass. Thanks once again, Guerlain!

These are my thoughts on L'Instant de Guerlain L'Instant d'Un Eté, for you, guys:

In terms of price, I am not able to tell anything cause it is not available anymore. Price/quality relation- I give it a 5 on a multiple rating scale from 1 to 5 ( where 1 equals poor, 2 is fair, 3 is average, 4 is good, 5 is excellent). Totally worth it!
In terms of age,this perfume can be worn by women of all ages. I guess,the girls under 20 might not full appreciate this fragrance.
The perfume has a good staying power, no need to refresh it during the day!








No comments:

Post a Comment