Wednesday 12 March 2014

CK One Summer 2013 Limited Edition

I am a big fan of Summer editions of perfumes Calvin Klein comes out every spring. I have been collecting those for about 8 years now. I enjoy CK Be and CK One as well. In fact, CK One for me is the go-to fragrance when I do not know what to wear. Anyway, so far my favorite of CK One Summer editions is CK One Electric. I don't have it anymore, and I don't find it anymore. It was an amazing scent of 2006. In case you have a bottle- let me know


Now onto CK One Summer 2013 edition. I love this bottle! It is patterned, looks like water drops all over the bottle surface. Great! It makes this bottle quite easy to keep in hand, it won't slip out easily. The pyramid is very simple, I'd say. There are watery notes and citrus at the top of fragrance, cucumber, watermelon and water lily at the heart and musk and moss at the base. This scent, along with other CK One Summer scents, and CK One and CK be are meant for both men and women. In fact, I share these scents with my special one.

This scent opens up with a strong water and citrus notes. And then they just go on and on. I mean, the scent does not change much for me. It is a water lily, cucumber, watermelon and water notes all the way. It is definitely having a hint of citrus in it, which makes this fragrance refreshing and wearable during summer hot days. A fizzy watery refreshing scent- yes, that is right.

In terms of price, it is in the mid-lower side of the price range, since this is a summer fragrance and they tend to retail at a cheaper price. I got mine for 34 € per 100 ml of edt. Price/quality relation- I give it a 4 on a multiple rating scale from 1 to 5 ( where 1 equals poor, 2 is fair, 3 is average, 4 is good, 5 is excellent). I give it a 4 because I always compare these summer scents to CK One Electric, which was my fave. It is not a bad fragrance, it just not as great as was Electric. But otherwise, this is a great item for its price, and 100 ml will last and last ( through all summer, be sure!) even if you are a heavy perfume user. In terms of age, CK One 2013 can be worn by women and men who like this type of scent. 

This fragrance can be worn in summer with jeans shorts for a beach day or an evening walk by the sea. It is summery, and it all that matters! The sillage depends on how heavily handed you are when applying it. I usually apply quite a lot of it. Up to 6 spritzes, really. The lasting power is quite OK for this kind of scent. You will get a good 4-5 hours of stay with 3-4 spritzes. 

I always urge people to test fragrances prior to purchasing. I guess there is no need to test it before you buy it if you are familiar with at least one or two CK One Summer fragrances. They are all sort of same-themed aquatic refreshing citrus scents.

Overall, this one did not impress me much. Nonetheless, I will keep using it in summer or for a gym workout. Moreover, I will keep buying religiously these summer editions every single year and hope that some day they will re-promote One Electric or blend something similar.


1 comment:

  1. Would you consider selling this 2013 summer one, bottle? The dark blue one with the air bubbles?

    ReplyDelete