Sunday 16 March 2014

My Nars Blushes

I don't have a large Nars blush collection, just three pieces. The ones I have are Torrid, Deep Throat and Exhibit A. The good thing is Nars blushes is the wide variety of shades plus they come out with limited edition shades very often.  With sucha  selection every woman regardless on her complexion is able to find the shade she likes. A shade or two :) or even three :)

So, on to blushes. There are so many reviews written on these blushes that I feel like there is nothing more I can add.I will try, however. There is 4,8 gr of product in some blushes, like in my Exhibit A and 4,5 in my Deep Throat and my Torrid blush. I personally do not know why is that so, but it is good they decided to increase the volume of the product when usually companies tend to decrease the volume and increase the price. Also the country of manufacture varies- USA or Canada for my bushes.  The blush comes in an elegant black rubberized packaging, it is very sleek and easy to store. There is no brush or anything coming with this item, which is ok, since the majority of  "come along" brushes are just useless. There is a mirror in the packaging as well, which is nice, although it is quite small to aid you in blush application. The fingerprints are not visible on the packaging due to its finish, which is good. Here are my blushes from left to right:  Deep Throat, Exhibit A and Torrid.

.
The blushes have no scent, just a "normal"powdery one. It is very neutral and you don't feel it unless you decide to stick your nose inside the box and sniff it.

Torrid is a warm coral with golden shimmer n it. Deep Throat is a peachy pink with subtle golden shimmer and Exhibit A is rigorous red matte blush. The Deep Throat and Torrid are alike, although Torrid is deeper. I feel like if I could go back I would not purchase Torrid. Not because I don't like it, but because it is similar to Deep Throat. I bought these two blushes without prior testing because there is no Nars counter in Finland.

The Exhibit A was a blush I wanted to buy for a long time, and I got it as a present. I am happy with it! It looks scary in a pot, but really you don't have to apply a lot to get a healthy-looking blushed cheeks. Use a lighter hand, and  I assure you that even lighter complexions like myself are able to be  great friends with this product. 

Hera are swatches of these blushes, applied with  dry finger to my skin, no primer underneath. One coat application. From left to right Exhibit A, Torrid, Deep Throat.


Now, are these blushes unique? I don't think so, although I would like to buy several other shades, Angelika, Desire and Douceur and maybe  a shade or two more.  I feel like the pigmentation, the application and the staying power here a very good. These are just the blushes you can rely on. You just know that no matter what they will stay, they won't fade and won't go patchy. The price tag on these is around 30 €. Not cheap. Are there cheaper alternatives? Yes, there are. Lots of companies make decent quality blushes nowadays. Overall, I would recommend these blushes to a friend, yes. Just keep in mind that almost to every cosmetic item the cheaper alternative can be found. Cheaper does not mean worse, by the way. Not always, at least. And keep in mind to go easy on the blush, you can always add more in you decide to do so. If you go overboard, it is very problematic to take the excess away!

P.S.I feel like I HAVE to say about the elephant in the room- the iconic Orgasm blush. I don't  find it particularly interesting or unique. At first I was choosing between Orgasm and Torrid and Torrid won unconditionally. I purchased one blush to test the quality of these blushes, texture and ease of application. After I tested it and loved it, I got another one. Still deliberating between Orgasm and Deep Throat, Deep Throat won for me and was purchased.

I wonder if women tend to buy Orgasm because of its name rather than because of the actual shade? What do you think?  There is a wide selection of shades at Nars, but why Orgasm got so much attention?
By the way, I am not scandalized by the names of these blushes, I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment