Saturday 15 March 2014

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Color Rush Long Lasting Intense Color Balm

I have found these two darlings unintentionally. I was just browsing an online store and these caught my eye. This product is unavailable in Finland, therefore I had to trust my gut feeling and just buy them not knowing whether I will like them or not.  And I love them!

This is a product that is positioned like a long lasting intense color balm. It has 2,5 gr of product and comes in a pencil form. Does not require sharpening, just twist and apply! The product is made in Italy.

The shades I have are # 100 Give Me A Cuddle and # 500 The Redder The Better ( I love the name by the way!). Rimmel promises us the lightweight formula, intense color and moisturized lips.  I can say that for me these products do exactly what they promise to do. I am happy to have them in my lip product stash.


These balms feel really nice on lips, they don't dry out the lips and color really stays for hours. If you decide to have a meal while wearing this on your lips, you will have to refresh it after the meal in case you want this glossy shine or just leave it like that- there will be a nice stain on your lips. It fades nicely on your lips leaving an even stain, not a patchy one.

I personally apply these without a brush. It is very hassle-free in terms of application. The red one stays for a good 4 hours on the lips, the pink one tends to go away a bit quicker. 

The good thing here is that you can play with the intensity of the application. You use the lighter hand and just blot the product to get a stain or apply it right from a pencil to get a bold result on your lips.
Here are the swatches on the hand and on the lips. These are one coat swatches on  my hand  and two coats for better visibility on my lips.




Overall, I enjoy this product very much! The price is approx. 7.50 € per piece.

P.S. As of April, 2014 these are on sale in Finland, at around 9 € depending on a store. But it seems that shade selection is limited. I have seen only 4 so far.







4 comments:

  1. wow you have amazing lips... so pretty. I definately want to try "give me a cuddle" it looks really nice.

    www.loevensmakeuprambles.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yes, the lipsticks are amazing, you should try a shade or two. Very easy to apply, nice pigmentation and does not dry out the lips, Well done, RImmel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds really good. For some reason I tend to skip on Rimmel. Dont know why, but definately going to give Rimmel a chance after my project pan

      Delete
  3. keep up the good work with the project! Yeah, Rimmel is sort of 10 % yes products for me and 90 % no products. I have favorites- like Stay Matte Pressed Powder, I have been buying it for years now; Kate Moss line of lipsticks and these balms. And I love Rimmel nail polishes. Pretty much all the rest is a miss for me.

    ReplyDelete