Thursday 20 March 2014

Guerlain By Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder& Blush

This was a limited edition item for Summer 2012 that was launched by Guerlain in collaboration with Emilio Pucci in April 2012. 

This item comes in a satiny pouch with Pucci's signature pattern. The case itself is quite bulky. A good bulky, the one that is pleasant to hold in hand. The one that will definitely turn heads and make people wonder that was that item in your hand. The case is made of black wood or wood like material, of that I am not sure. It has a good-sized mirror inside. The lid comes off completely, but no worries- it has 3 magnets to tightly hold the lid closed when not in use. The name of the item is engraved on the lid ( like you could mistake this one for some other make-up item in your collection).

I have to admit that I love Guerlain, especially their powders and Meteorites finishing powders. I am very cool when it comes to bronzing powders, I just do not use them, but this one is wonderful.  It has 16 gr, a fair amount of product if you ask me, especially for a summer product you will use throughout the whole warm season. The product has a light scent to it, very sweet one, reminds me of tiare flowers. But the scent does not transfer onto the skin when you apply the powder. Here are some close-up pictures of the item.




 I have a light complexion so I tend to be cautious when it comes to bronzing powders. The good thing about this one is that the powder suits for medium to light complexions! It is of course buildable. There are four shades in this powder- the bronze shade a warm light brown shade with golden micro shimmer in it; the orange shade with pink micro shimmer in it; the pink shade with pinky-golden shimmer in it, and finally the ivory shade with golden shimmer. The shimmer is finely milled, not at all chunky or the one that will potentially make you look like 80's Disco babe.

I guess the idea behind this is that you swirl all colors together and apply it on your face with a large powder brush. I personally find the color that I get after the "swirl" to be too pinky and to dark for me. Therefore, I solely apply the bronzer lightly on higher points of my face, the one that usually get exposed to the sun, like the forehead, the chin, the cheekbones, and the back of my nose. After that, I swirl the colors and apply the pinky bronze color to the cheeks. Here is how I get the sun-kissed look. I have used this product only twice up until now, because the weather is just not collaborating at all. I will be using it this coming summer for sure. Here are some swatches for you, guys. It was quite difficult to swatch the ivory shade because it is close to pink, so some pink color got in when I swatches the ivory shade. Overall, the pink, orande and ivory stripes are very tiny, in case if you wish to use any of these colors individually as eye shadows, for instance- use smaller brush or sponge.
Overall, I feel like this bronzing powder is made for lighter complexions. As I have said previously, the color can be built up, but honestly- what if you have a deeper shade of skin? I mean, is it worth to pay 79 € for the product that might have to be applied over and over again to get a  desirable color? I would say that it might not be the ideal product for the deeper skin tones, but I find it to be a great item!

No comments:

Post a Comment